Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Letter From The Tech...

Dear loyal NO SPINNERS,
I am sorry to report there is still no resolution in sight for the recent comment problem. This is not a problem with the Circus No Spin site, but rather a Blogger/Google glitch in the feed. There are currently many blogs experiencing the same problem. Blogger support has been contacted many times in the last two weeks, however I assume they are busy sipping Stoli and OJ on the brisk slopes of Aspen and probably won't get to our problem till sometime next week. I have since written a feed that works from one post that is recent, which I can change daily. My suggestion is posting comments on just one of the daily posts and maybe mentioning what it is you are commenting about. Rite now it is set to post comments from the GGW & Mark Gebel thread. Tomorrow I will change it to the first post of the day again.


Many Apologies,
Circus No Spin Zone Technical Support

9 comments:

Wade G. Burck said...

Nobody, and I mean nobody ever doubt this is not a high line,top shelf, Ace O Ace, priceless, not enough money to buy it, blog site. We have Tech support David in our corner, doing battle with the Google Goliath. Speed of lightning, power of thunder, fighting all who rob and plunder......
Wade

Anonymous said...

Casey, we all appreciate how hard you have been working on this. We wish you and your family the very best in the new year.
Mary Ann

B.E.Trumble said...

There are several different widgets for running recent comments on blogspot aren't there? Is this a problem with a particular widget, or did the Ace Tech Staff At Blogger manage to change something prior to the holidays (after the rum punch) and mess them all up?

Wade G. Burck said...

Ben,
I think you are reading too much into the word "circus" in this blogs title. We really aren't. Don't doubt our mission to pay the highest salaries for the most brilliant blog minds available world wide. It is the lest we could do for our loyal readers. Sheesh!!!
Wade

Casey McCoy Cainan said...

Ben,
It is actually something wrong with the way Blogger Templates feeds info to the widgets. I have tested over 9 different widgets in the last three days however they all receive the feed for the comments from http:circusnospin.blogspot.com/feed/comments/default? the problem is somewhere in the default code for Bloggers templates. It is only in the templates started in the last year or so as well, that is why my blog created in 2005 was not affected, and Buckles has been able to have his fixed. I am sure they plan to get the problem worked out but since Google makes LOTS-O-CASH off the search engines, and little cash from Blogger, I assume it goes on a back burner till day after tomorrow or later.

Anonymous said...

Casey,
I'm with Mary Ann on this....
We do appreciate you working on Wade's problem. Well,at least the blog problem anyway....
Wade,
Be sure you pay him double for working on a holiday....

Hope all had a safe New Year's and may you all have a FINE 2009.

Wade G. Burck said...

Jody,
What are you insinuating?????
Wade

Anonymous said...

I'll Pleed the Fifth...
Just like you did about my Cat Dancer questions.....

Wade G. Burck said...

Josy,
I didn't watch the tv show so couldn't answer your questions. A number of them had already been answered. I didn't plead the the 5th. That would infer that by answering I would implicate myself of something. No person in a criminal case shall be compelled to testify/be a witness against themselves. So for the record, I did not plead the 5th and wouldn't want folks to think I was guilty of anything involved with the Cat Dancers.
Wade