Monday, January 19, 2009

Getting on the "fast track" to becoming a "soft target"

The Animal Liberation movement has gained great strength by instilling the belief in the "uninformed" that animals have emotions exactly mirroring those of humans, based on no scientific foundation, other then "faith" the foundation of religion. As professionals the world over combat that false "mantra" of human emotion, based on scientific research, some professionals express this in response to why it is valid to train and keep animals in the circus:

Certainly stimulus-response contributes to any animal behavior, but there are other factors involved which influence behavior as well; health is one, emotion is another.

Have you never seen genuine contentment, fear, anxiety, happiness, anger, excitement, confusion, joy or humor expressed by an animal? Really?

You asked on what "level" these emotions can be expressed. On the animal level, I guess. What I am convinced of is that these emotions can be expressed honestly, sincerely and intensely.

Have I "loved" some of my animals? Absolutely. Have they "loved" me back?
In some cases, in their own language, in their own lion-tiger-dog-horse- animal way, I'm sure of it.

I do not think a person's beliefs should be ridiculed on the basis of lack of scientific proof. I believe animal emotions exist; I also believe they have souls. I can no more prove this than I can prove the existence of God, yet I know He's there too.

I you were just a person, wondering who to believe, the Animal Liberation Front or the zoo/circus/scientific community, did the statement from a "pro" answer any of your questions about whether animals feel emotion, and whether they should be kept in confinement and not have freedom given they are the same as people? Did the folks below also valid/verify the Liberation movements philosophy. You become a "soft target" when you insist on contradicting your self, again with "self serving" personal paper, backed up by nothing but "opinion."
***************************************************************************************

I'm glad you, a pro, agree that animals have emotions.
*************************************************************************************

Ohhhhhhhhhh........thank you sooooooooo much for your beautiful words about your love for animals. You truly "touched my heart". I too have loved all my animals, and, yes, I believe with all my heart that they have loved me back too......I KNOW THEY HAVE! We need hearts like yours to speak out these beautiful thoughts to all of us. Please don't ever change, and don't ever stop expressing your beautiful thoughts.
**************************************************************************************
My Maine Coon cat Scooter has an arch sense of humor. He steals things and hides them around the house. Occasionally he returns them by dropping them in front of me. He laughs. He also quite obviously adores me, as I do him.
*************************************************************************************

No comments: