Monday, July 9, 2012

Sara Houcke



This most likely is one of those "keep your opinions to yourself" times, but the fact is, nobody has too.  If we have them, we can express them.  That said, and no disrespect intended, but I have never been prouder of my profession then I am at this moment.   This wasn't classy when Demi Moore posed for the cover of Vanity Fair, and it isn't any classier posed with the circus as a backdrop.  Many congratulations on the birth of Sascha III, but this is out of line.   There is a picture of me posted online grabbing my crotch in 1984, which seemed like a good idea at the time.  Who knows, maybe this is one of those, "I wish I hadn't done that now" pictures.........

4 comments:

khoucke said...

Don't understand what is "out of line" about this photo. I think it is tasteful and elegant. A pregnant woman is beautiful especially when you understand the entire story. This is a woman who has been trying for several years to have a child, only being told that she may never have that capability. Instead of condemning her for sharing this photo with her friends and family, express happiness for her and the new addition to her family.

Wade G. Burck said...

Karen,
I didn't condemn her, I just said it wasn't classy and out of line. That's a far cry from condemning her. Taken all what you have said into consideration, fine, take the picture at home, don't stage it in a circus setting. I didn't like it when Brittney Spear's played game's with the circus, and I don't like it when anyone else does. That's my opinion, thank you for yours. I hope you are well, and give my best to your talented father.

Wade Burck

Jim A. said...

Somewhere in the middle; First, it's a nice photograph. The Houcke family has been associated with the circus for generations. The story behind the photo adds to the whole picture. But as a father and grandfather, I don't think this would have been our family's pending-birth announcement. (We did send little sea lions out to announce our first daughter.) North Dakotans and Europeans probably have differing thoughts on what's acceptable. More important, our wish for a healthy, happy baby.

(OB Nurse and grandmother Kathy liked the photo.)

Jim A. said...

Another quick thought for Karen;
As the father of two daughters, one named Karen, I can appreciate one sister standing up for the other. If our family's experience is typical, Aunt Karen's in for a good time.