Sunday, May 27, 2012

Circus Hall of Fame Sarasota, Fla.


 1976

Unfortunately, I never went into the Circus Hall of Fame, but I drove past it.  When I first went to work at Jungle Larry's in 1974 Roy Wells and I drove to Sarasota and past the Hall of Fame, and I glanced quickly at the beautiful wagon in the window.  Coming from North Dakota and not being that into the circus, and not really knowing much about it, I wasn't interested in seeing it, so I recall we went to Dog and Suds and had a root beer and hot dog instead.  Big regret......  It wasn't until I saw Ringling Bros. and GGW a few months later that I "got my socks knocked off" and learned what circus was, and decided I might like to try my hand at that.



1960

2 comments:

Bruce the Clown said...

Wade-- after I didn't get a contract following Clown College in 1976, the HoF was the first provessional clown gig I got- worked for George and Vicki Hanneford. I lasted a week . . .

Wade G. Burck said...

Bruce,
A week? You must have really been eager to get into showbiz. The HOF always seemed like a dicey, low rent deal to me.

Wade