Monday, December 12, 2011

Snowflake The Most Unique Animal to Ever Live

1995

1997

2000

2003

2005

Although it may not have been the best thing for him, a selfish part of me so wishes there had been a "world tour" arranged for Snowflake similar to what is done with Panda's. Oh, how I wish I had been able to gaze upon him at least once, before he was gone. Worse yet, mankind actually learned so little about him. He should have been the most extensively studied and documented animal that ever lived. Gone now for 8 years.



Snowflake: The White Gorilla ~ Snowflake's Legacy | Nature | PBS

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a story about him.A friend of mine was a 'mad' primate keeper and was going to visit her unicorn.The word had got out that Snowflake had been ill,so she thought she had better hurry up and visit before it was too late.Flying from Manchester to Barcelona takes about 3 hrs. Upon arrival to the zoo she was greeted with the unfortunate news of his passing.Moral of the story is don't let things pass you by, live in the moment.
Cheers
Glenn

Wade G. Burck said...

Glenn,
Great story, thank you. I wish I could have seen him.

Wade

Anonymous said...

Wade, has it only been 8 years? It seems longer for some reason. Sincerely Paul

Wade G. Burck said...

Paul,
Nov. 24, 2003 I believe.

Wade

Willard said...

It would be really nice if you gave me credits for my family trees you embedded in your page.
http://gorillagenealogy.web44.net
Greetings, Willard