Sunday, September 11, 2011

For Riz, the Turban Cowboy









Turb, As stated a couple of day's ago, I don't have many pictures or videos of anything I have ever trained, and anything I do have was taken at random often with myself unaware. I don't have time for picture's and if I do have something it is through the kindness of a fan or someone who happened to be there and took a picture. More important then pictures, is the memories. As GGW is know as a "tiger guy" so I am also known as a "tiger guy." It's the machismo the unknowing affix to the term "tiger guy" thinking in their uniformed minds that it is neater then "horse guy or elephant guy". A number of years ago I trained a pig act for a zoo in Canada. The major concern for the folks was how they should introduce me to associates. "Surly we can't call you "the pig trainer," they pondered. "Animal Trainer" became all inclusive for everything. I dislike performing and always have, preferring to train and let someone else show. Often I was "stuck" presenting the tigers, as there were often a few "tough" characters in the act. I have never had the easy task of choosing what/who I wanted to train. I train for other folks, not for myself, and have to make due with what they have or want. Training is the air in my lungs and I live to train, but I have no desire to be stuck with owning, limiting where I can go or what I can train. Horses, elephants, tigers, it makes no difference to me, although my preference is horses. Arabian horses. But they have to be top quality, as I don't waste my time with junk. Training is such a "sickness" for me that as Madame Col. will attest, on many occasions I have done it for free, month's on end at my expense, just to put my hands on a beautiful pedigreed animal. I have made a pretty good living training animals in the circus and the private sector. That's why any advice asked of me on this blog, or in emails is offered gratis. No video's/dvd's for sale, no special whips/carrot sticks etc, etc. If it is asked, advice is offered free for what it is and I do well enough with what I earn as a trainer. The advice is what I have been taught by some wonderful, noble animals, felines, elephants and horses. Not what I taught them, but what I learned from them and what not to do.

1 comment:

The Turban Cowboy! said...

Wow...You can do what any middle aged carrot lady can do with a horse.

Good for you!