Wednesday, May 25, 2011

San Antonio Zoo

2011

San Antonio is world famous for it's bird collection/breeding's. I suspect climate has a lot to do with that success. As I stated in a comment the other day to Radar, the San Antonio Zoo appears to be in a "transition". Just a miss mash of exhibits here and there often with not a lot of rhyme or reason. Many exhibits looked like they were being "utilized" for particular species temporarily, as the animals currently exhibited didn't look like they were the ones the exhibit's were originally designed for. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the exhibit above was originally the Orangutan exhibit?(Note the small door at the left of the exhibit. Not to practical for psittacines) At one time, San Antonio was ranked third on the list of the most species exhibited followed only by the Bronx Zoo and San Diego Zoo. To their credit it appears they are attempting to exhibit a few properly instead of numbers.

2011

1958

No comments: