Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pat Anthony

Why isn't Pat Anthony in the Ring of Fame? There are a number of wonderful circus museums all over Europe(I am not sure about Mexico), complete with costumes, exhibits, history, etc. So far I haven't seen any featuring American circus greats. I wonder why? I also wonder why the Ring of Fame honors folks from other countries? Not people who came here and became citizens as well as achieved fame. I am wondering more about folks like the Atayde Bros. and a number of other folks? Pat was an American soldier, left the Army, and under the GI Bill, became the first wild animal trainer. That's an incredible story, and true circus history, yet he is over looked. Go figure how that works?

1 comment:

Lhekter said...

My father is Pat Anthony. I agree and feel that the true Greats such as my father and my Grandfather, E.T Bale, are so overlooked. I would love to find a sponsor and a way to raise money to have then be in the ring of fame.