Friday, September 24, 2010

Jungle Larry's African Safari


A while back Thomas asked for pictures of the animals I had worked with at Jungle Larry's African Safari. This is not what he wanted, as I am sure he wanted cat act pictures, but it is about all I have. The elephant in this picture is either Wama, Duvu, or Roho I am not sure anymore. Back in the day we had the opportunity to work with so many animals that we weren't as concerned with taking picture or video's as the trainers do today. Maybe we just didn't have the "tecnology" that there is today. Most pictures that are available were taken over the years, by great Circus Fan's of America, like Jim Cole or Paul Guteil, amoung others. God Bless them, because often it is the only documentation left.
Type Jungle Larry in the search deal for more "JL"(he hated when we called him "JL") pictures.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree.I have near to no pics of when I started.I didn't have time nor did we have the nice camera's or the money to develop film.I wish I had some more as I only have pics in my head.Better that than none at all.By the way nice blonde hair,mine was real.Cheers ay.
Glenn

Anonymous said...

Thanks Wade,

witch year is this?

Wade G. Burck said...

Thomas,
The winter of 1976-1977.
Wade

Ryan Easley said...

Thank you Wade for the information on Buckles Blog. Do you know how long the group was there for?

Wade G. Burck said...

Radar,
I don't think very long. They were as we say, "renegades". Bobby Cline should know. I think Deiter Wichert worked with them for a while.
Wade