Friday, October 9, 2009

Post-mortem confirms elephant crushed man

Jan. 2008

Police say a 54-year-old man who died at a circus site on the New South Wales North Coast on Boxing Day was definitely crushed by an elephant.

The Stardust Circus animal handler was tending to two elephants in an exercise enclosure at the Yamba showground when he was killed.

Nobody witnessed the incident but a post-mortem examination in Lismore yesterday showed the man died as a result of a broken back and a ruptured aorta after a severe blunt trauma.

The man's name has not been released because police have been unable to find any next of kin.

_____________________________________________________________________

Steve Mate, I don't know. It seems pretty much the same all over the world. Not much different over here.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Your point is a bit obscure mate.

Do you mean that the media is the same in both countries - I see that the deceased's age varied from 54 to "in his 60s" depending on the report that you read.

Do you mean that elephants can kill people all over the world? I don't disagree with that.

Doesn't alter my point that things are different now [mostly for the better] than they were 35 years ago.

Wade G. Burck said...

Steve,
No I don't mean the media is the same in both countries. The media like the police get their information from folks at the scene. Again, statements of fact's from the circus are not to be found, with the exception of, "we shouldn't have given them to the zoo. I don't think she will ever do anything again, not that she did, but if she did, she wouldn't do it again."
There is very little that is not different, and fully for the better. Also again, maybe I saw/did things that never occurred in another country. I really don't think so, because the circus world is pretty much the same all over, some are big some are small. If there had been regulations/laws most of it wouldn't have occurred, and it would never have needed to be "different." I really can't think of a thing that, YES I would do again, with the exception of walk up an apply for my first job in the circus.
Wade

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

Wade G. Burck said...

Anonymous,
I am not sure what you are asking, but if you contact me at wburck3@aol.com and introduce yourself, I might be able to work something out. If you are offering some means of subjugating Steve, forget it. That dog don't hunt.
Wade