Thursday, July 2, 2009

For Jeannie--The "black sheep" of the family

Although not the greatest pictures, here is my appaloosa mare, Arapaho waiting to head to the "breeding stump". In the photo above Arapaho is the horse on the left with the spots obviously. I call it the "breeding stump" for good reason. Because of TSEA Magicks age (22) he has difficulty in mounting larger mares. We have dug a "hole" by his paddock gate which the larger mares are backed into, and the old war horse is able to brace his right hip against the gate post while I brace his left hip. It requires some effort on my part, but so far has worked out real well. I just hope someone will help me someday as I get older. LOL Arapaho is a great mare, best described as "strong willed".

3 comments:

Chic Silber said...

If this is the Jeannie I know

please send her my fond regards

cwdancinfool said...

Wade - Are you calling me the black sheep of the family? How did you know that - I mean, why?

Chic - I'll gladly take the fond regards, but probably not the same person you are thinking of.
Jeannie

Wade G. Burck said...

Jeannie,
Arapaho is the "black sheep of the family!!!!!" She is an Appaloosa and the rest are Arabians. She has spots and they don't, get it. Gosh, don't be so sensitive. LOL
Wade