Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Farock--Step one

It's about me now, and not you, so give me all of your attention and reach for the target with your nose. Don't step to the target, just use your shoulders and neck, because you have been taught that your front feet are frozen in cement and can't move.

Now the target is coming to you for encouragement as you think it is about you and not me, and is raised, causing your throat latch to unhinge in apprehension. Perfect Ace.

Now that we have your attention, the target is withdrawn and lowered. You have to come to it, it is not coming to you for anything good, but you already learned that Ace.

Bingo Ace. Lock the shoulders back, elevate the neck, unhinge the throat latch, and finally, give me your ears. Note my fingertips and not the palm/butt of the whip which is the normal bridge. Because he gave me all the pieces quickly, I bridged him quickly, so as not to discourage him by making him work for the palm/butt of the whip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this at Cuneo's Hawthorn quarters?

Wade G. Burck said...

No it is not. The clue to that is there are no old truck or trailers rusting in the background.
Wade