Thursday, April 9, 2009

Henk Luyck


Henk was the Hawthorn trainer for two years between Josip Marcan and Bill Golden. This was the act I took over in 1976 after Bill Golden had added 3 tigers and Solomon the lion, with the exception of the tiger on the right on the end of the pyramid. He was taken out of the act a couple of years prior and I think his name was Emir. Henks parting with Hawthorn was quit "colorful". I have never met Henk but he was a very respected trainer from Europe who only stayed in the States a few years. Recentle Henk's oldest son made contact with me, and I will attempt to get pictures of some of Henk's work in Europe in the 60's and 70's.

3 comments:

Rob said...

I wasn't aware of the fact that Henk had sons.Always thought only daughters.

Rob.

Wade G. Burck said...

Rob,
It wouldn't be the first time someone in the circus had more children then they thought. LOL There is a circus producer from England who everyone assumes has 3. A couple of years ago, one of the kids told me it is actually 7.
Wade

John said...

If you mean who I think you mean, it's relevant that the mother of the 3 offspring was wife number 4!