Friday, February 20, 2009

The Cathedral--Arlette Gruss




This Arlette Gruss tent almost makes you think the Circus in going to be all right. It is absolutely incredible. I believe I would have wanted to experience working in a tent, if it was something like this. It is 22 meters high and has a circumference of 2.7 kilometers. Wooden doors with lead cut glass at the front entrance. The whole shot!!! The seating capacity is only 1700 which wouldn't hardly get you to the next state, in America, even with a full house.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't Circus Vargas in a tent and didn't you work on it in the eighties?

Wade G. Burck said...

Anonymous,
Yawn. Yes anonymous, it has been referenced in the past, you can't be that simple. I was there for 9 month's, my first and last tent experience. The point was, I never had ambitions or wanted to be on a tent show, and didn't like the 9 months I was on Vargas exception being the exceptional performance and beautiful Vargettes. Given something as beautiful as the Arlette Gruss operation, it might be a great experience. That's a big "might."
Wade

Anonymous said...

Circumference of over 2 kilometres? Somehow I doubt it!!!
This type of tent is known as a Cathedral tent. Quite why I know not.
The cage act there this season is that of Redi Cristiani, with tigers.

Wade G. Burck said...

John,
I assumed it was called a "cathedral" because of how it looked with it's peaks and spires. It apparently takes 10 hrs. to construct. It is sure a beauty, and might make a tent season worth a go.
Wade