Sunday, September 14, 2008

Jeanette Rix

I just heard the terrible news that Jeanette has been battling cancer, and is half way through breast chemotherapy. I flew to Tokyo Japan in 1983 with Jeanette and her fathers Polar and Syrian Bears for the Korukuen Circus produced by Evansville Shrine Circus Producer Paul Kaye. A more dedicated, knowledge family you will not find in the history of the Circus. Her father Albert, who died in 2001 got his start in Animal Training at the Hagenbeck Zoo and was considered a world authority on bears, and I spent many hours "picking" this great mans brain, and he was so open and sharing with his knowledge. Jeanette and her sister Susan have done a magnificent job of carrying the the family tradition of Albert Rix and the excellence in animal husbandry that he started. In 1962 they built a breeding facility in Middletown, New York for the study and breeding of bears, and a home base when not touring.

www.albertrixbearcenter.com

Please send a card to: Jeanette Rix
945 Rt. 211
West Middletown, NY 10940

e-mail: jrix@pioneeris.net

4 comments:

Wade G. Burck said...

Anonymous Mutt,
If you have the stones to make a statement like that, you should have the stones to sign your name. But I guess that is to be expected.
Wade

Anonymous said...

Wade,
I think you put the above comment in the wrong spot..
If not..I'm confused..
Jody

Wade G. Burck said...

Jody,
I had to censor an anonymous idiot who commented , and if they check back, I don't want them to think the comment did not get here.
Wade

Anonymous said...

Ok...Now I understand...

Anyway, subject at hand....

I wish a speedy recovery for Jeanette.