Tuesday, January 11, 2011

History's greatest "alibi" was quoted today, and as an American I couldn't be prouder!!!


The former leader of our nation's house of representatives, above was convicted of money laundering for illegally directing just shy of $200,000 in corporate political donations to candidates from the Texas State Legislature.

"I can't be remorseful for something I don't think I did," Former Majority Leader of the United States House of Representatives Tom Delay said today in a statement just before Judge Priest pronounced his 3 year sentence, followed by 10 years probation.

"I can't be remorseful for something I don't think I did," has to be the most creative alibi/excuse anyone has ever come up with. I suggest it is taught in grade school and every child required to memorize it like the National Anthem. That way as they are growing up, when ever they are grounded for something they have done, until they say they are sorry, they have an "out". The Catholic church will probably be able to cease with confession and Hail Mary's eventually. After all, what would be the point? Tom Delay and American politics sure are piece of work.

Oh How the Mighty Have Fallen: Former U.S. House Majority Leaders ...

No comments: