Wednesday, October 6, 2010

DHWalrus on the Artic Building, Third and Cherry, on the edge of Pioneer Square in Seattle, Washington.






If I had been given the option of living in the city, or living in the Himalayas, I would only have needed a second to decide to be a Sherpa for the rest of my life. One of the many wonderful thing's about being with Ringling Bros. circus is that it afforded you the opportunity to go to the most beautiful cities in the United States, and when time permitted, to tour some of the most wonderful Natural History museums, and gaze upon some of the most incredible architecture in the world. I found that when you grew tired of looking at the glass and steel "crystal Cathedrals" that seem to be the norm today in cities, and you found it hard to breath in the stifling crowds of humanity, usually if you looked up, you would get a breath of fresh air, and you could "immerse"(thanks to David Hancocks for showing that feeling in the zoo world) yourself in real architectural genius. When my father said, "they don't make it like they used to," I understand what he meant.

No comments: