Monday, September 27, 2010

International Anti-Vivisection Congress, Washington, D. C. 1913, The inspiration of today's Peta

Pictured above standing left to right, Mrs. Clinton Pinckney Farrell, Mrs. Florence Pell Waring. Seated left to right are Mrs. Caroline E. White, Miss Louise Lind-af-Hageby and if I am not mistaken, Buster Keaton. I wonder how he got the bird feather's under the beef jerky's radar? History suggests maybe he was actually lobbying undercover for a legitimate cause, because some of the first conservation legislation in the United States, like the Migratory Bird Act of 1918 was passed about this time. When Buster was interviewed later, and asked if he thought it was wrong to trick the ladies after they had taken him in, he is said to have replied, "no, I did what I had to do, and I have no egrets...." Bada Bing I don't like "profiling" but it is amazing how Peta has managed to maintain a physical appearance or "type" in their membership after less then 100 years. A horse breeder has to establish a closed breeding program for almost 200 years to attain the same kind of consistancy.

No comments: