Saturday, November 1, 2008

Grizzly-Polar bear hybrid

Killed by a hunter last month in the Canadian Arctic, this male bear was confirmed via DNA analysis last week to be half grizzly, half polar bear. DNA analysis confirmed that the bear's father was a grizzly and his mother was a polar bear. The bear's white fur was interspersed with brown patches. He also had long claws, a concave facial profile, and a humped back—all grizzly characteristics.

This is real freaky and I thank Billy for bringing it to my attention, as I had not heard of the discovery. I was interested in seeing which physical characteristic's seemed most dominate, as the male tends to dominate in the breeding of Tiglons or Ligers. I personally don't like crossed species animals, they kind of give me the willies, they don't look like anything, either/ or and this animals hump puts it in that category.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That wasn't killed last month, it was killed many months ago and is already taxidermied.