Friday, August 1, 2008

Dogs for Casey

I had the pleasure of seeing this beautiful young lady and her dogs in Germany, and she wanted very bad to come to America. She is now on Ringling Bros. Circus so good for her. One of the best, most entertaining dog acts I have seen in a long time. The dogs trotted around doing figure 8's, circles, weaves, following one after the other like elephants tailed up. They did every behavior in complete unison. Sit ups, roll overs, etc. A hard act to describe, because like a liberty act it was all motion. Without saying she is Russian, and the only acts I have seen to rival this one is an act done by a Russian gentleman with the dogs dressed to look like liberty ponies, and his mother's act with the dog's dressed like lions doing a cage act. The Russians sure have the "gaff" on dog's and uniqueness.

2 comments:

Wade G. Burck said...

I used to watch this lady practice(contrary to what others may suggest, I WAS looking at the dogs) every chance I had, because it was amazing how she keep the dogs together in a weaving "snake". It almost seemed they had iron noses, and the one in the front had a magnet up it's behind. I was watching her rehearse on evening before the act with Nicoli Tovarich the Ringmaster. As I turned to leave, all the little snots ran across the room and "gang jumped" my ankles, with Diana chasing in hot pursuit. As I am trying to shake little monsters off my hand crafted Larry Mahans, without hurting them, Nicoli hysterically remarked, "I can see the headlines in the Munich papers tomorrow. World Famous American Animal Trainer killed by sausage dogs last night at the Krone bau!!!"
I am real please she is here and will be a great asset to the American Circus scene.
Wade

Anonymous said...

I needed that laugh today. Thanks for sharing it Wade.