Monday, April 16, 2012

I Barely Get Something Posted, Before Someone is Correcting Me. Geez......... :) Thank You, Bobby.


Wade,
I believe your identification of the Ringling Bros. Circus in Jacksonville is incorrect. I've attached a photo from the Cole Bros. Circus in 1939. As you can see the driver and brakeman have the pith helmets. RBBB stopped the parade in the very early 1920's. The Cole Bros. Circus did play Jacksonville, FL. on Sept. 15 and 16 in 1947. I suspect the person that labeled it didn't know there was any circus other than Ringling / Barnum.
If you go to my blog and scroll down a few, you'll find an 1899 Barnum & Bailey Parade movie with FRITZ walking down the street. That was a great find.
Take care,
Bob

'Interesting to me, because I was born in Jacksonville, Fla. Sept. 16th, 7 years later. Bobby's fine blog is linked on the right in Relevant Stops'



No comments: