Sunday, March 25, 2012

Roy Rogers and Dale Evans Host Ringling Bros. Circus--1966




Every Saturday morning, for 4 years Charly Baumann and I would have the same conversation just before opening spec: "Wade, do you remember that cowboy you used to watch on Saturday morning when you were young?" "Yes, Baumann that was Roy Rogers." "Did I ever tell you I met him?" "Yes, Baumann you told me last week." "Did I ever tell you I went to eat with him many times?" Yes, Baumann you told me that last week also, and the week before that, and the week before that." "Did you ever meet Roy Rogers?" "No, Baumann I never did, and I told you that." "Oh, that's too bad. You would have liked spending time with him. He was very nice." "I am sure I would have liked him, Baumann. Now let it go, okay." "This is about the time you used to watch him every Saturday, isn't it?" "Dammit, Baumann let it go, OKAY. Just blow your whistle and get this show on the road!!!!! Charly derived great pleasure in telling me this. Folks on the show used to watch in anticipation to see how long it was going to take before I walked away from him. LOL Now I will spend the day missing Charly and Roy.........


No comments: